Mission Statement: Responding to the love of God as demonstrated in the life and teachings of Jesus Christ, we are called to equip and provide opportunities for our church family to serve those in need.
Chair: David Hammond, Members: Pat Schmidt, Jim Ellerman, Alex King, Andy King
January – First Annual Chili Cook-Off. We joined Gloria Dei Lutheran Church to raise $575.00 for Kids Against Hunger which provides approximately 1900 meals for children around the world that are in danger of starving.
March – Second Annual Mission Possible Indoor Golf Outing. We raised $820.00 for local mission organizations.
April-May – One Great Hour of Sharing. This PCUSA Offering collected $748.02.
May – Family Counseling & Children’s Services. First Presbyterian Church of Tecumseh was awarded the “Everyday Hero Award” for faith based organizations for our involvement and support of those in need in the community.
June – Invisible City III. Highlights:
- Four Organizations participated – FPCT, Gloria Dei, First Pres. Adrian, Lenawee Youth Counil
- 30 Projects completed
- 47 Volunteers gave 468 hours of service
June-October – Catherine Cobb Spruce Up Project.
- Custom curtains and Wall Hangings – Sewed and Installed by Sherry Peterson and her elves.
- Unique wall mural – Designed and painted by Ellen Leigh Sadler
- Seven dormitory rooms – Painted by a team of colorful volunteers
October – Bereaved Parents Event.
We applied for and were awarded with two grants (MVP and Synod of the Covenant) for $1500 to fund the Bereaved Parents Event. There were 85 attendees for Michigan and Ohio and the event raised $1,100 in a free will offering for the Parents Circle – Families Forum organization.
December – Family Christmas Program
- Eight families received gifts
- 20 children received gifts
- 101 gifts were requested but 120 gifts were provided.
- Dee Jay Rinehart – PEARLS Project
- Anne Walker – CROP Walk
- Marge & Jack Ward – God’s Breadbasket & Tecumseh Service Club
The Mission & Outreach Committee would like to express our gratitude to all the volunteers (named & not named) devoted their time and energy to support our events and activities as well as simple acts of kindness and generosity in the community in 2016. We look forward to continuing the grow and deepen our mission work in 2017